Sunday 5 January 2014

OOTD!



Top: Zara . Dress: Pull&Bear . Necklace: Primark . Boots: Topshop . Frilly socks: Topshop . Bracelet: Pandora; Essence Collection

So here's my first outfit of the day!
Having nothing in my life at the moment apart from working (rather infrequently) in a bar, and fretting about the size of my capsule wardrobe that will be travelling with me to my new life in Spain in a few months, I've been spending a lot of time sorting out and trying on the outfits I didn't have as many chances as I'd hoped to wear over my hectic Christmas period.

One item that, since purchased over 3 years ago - from one of the few Pull&Bear stores in the UK (much to my dismay) -, I have been reluctant to wear due to the fact that it's (faux) leather. Although this should not have put me off as it's much more practical than I was led to believe.

The A/W pinafore trend, to which I'm still desperately clinging on, has given us all scope to layer lovely little dresses with any under garment imaginable (or at least I think so). And having been a Breton lover since H&M introduced its gorgeous array of striped jerseys in multiple colour combinations, I was chuffed to bits to pull out one of my favourites - albeit from Zara - and for it go so well with my almost abandoned leathery number.

Another coveted and highly versatile item that I have been throwing with anything and everything at the moment is the Astrix platform boot from Topshop, which combines extreme comfort, kookiness and ease of walking (a big plus for me), due to the platform and excellent support thanks to eight beautiful pairs of eyelets for ultimate lacing power. These are highly recommended and despite the canvas version that I own not being as readily available, the faux leather version is absolutely gorgeous and actually much better suited to the wonderful British weather we're having of late!

I will take this opportunity to apologise for the terrible photograph - I'm camera-less so using my smartphone, shame - as it hasn't shown the true beauty of my boot and frilly sock combo, but the pictures provided below should give you an idea of how lovely they both are.






Finally - just to brag about how spoilt I was this Christmas - I'd like to briefly mention the beautiful Pandora bracelet I have yet to omit from an outfit since its grand introduction on December 25th. Although I've never been an aficionado of charm bracelets or Pandora jewellery in general, I was attracted by the new Essence collection which boasts a thinner, more dainty band with silicon grip charms that each represent a value or quality. My mum completely surprised me with it, especially as she most definitely picked the most beautiful charm, which represents compassion. It's a smoky quartz charm which seems to go with everything, as does the lovely silver band itself. Here's just a little collage from my Instagram to rub it in your face even more.



All in all, a good day-to-night transitional outfit but, without dwelling on it too much, the faux leather dress doesn't do well for keeping perspiration at bay!

And on that note, hasta pronto.
eleanorrosemary x

No comments:

Post a Comment